Katrin's Krafts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A selection of craft information for artisans of the HFS.

2 posters

Make a Basic Tunic

Admin
    Admin

Make a Basic Tunic Empty Make a Basic Tunic

Post  Admin Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:15 pm

This basic pattern
    usually takes about three yards of fabric. Figure 1 shows the simple design;
    you will need to cut out two of these, one for the front and one for the back -
    or cut one with a fold at the top of the pattern.

The
    measurements marked below are fairly simple, remember to that these tunics look
    best when they are pretty baggy. (I measure my length of skirt down to my
    knees). When you cut out you pieces, cut along the black lines this includes
    the outline and then the two cuts into the shape to make the sleeves.

You will wants to
    cut and sew your neckline first, before you begin to work with the edges. Then
    separate the sleeves from the skirt by just pulling them apart along your cut.
    Pin the sleeves and skirts of the two pieces together along the edges and sew.
    All you have left is hemming and decorating.

Once
    you're done, throw on your tunic, belt it and your ready to go
    ashblackstar
    ashblackstar

Make a Basic Tunic Empty Re: Make a Basic Tunic

Post  ashblackstar Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:55 pm

Another way of making a very basic t-tunic, is to fold your fabric end to end, and then selvage to selvage. Take a baggy, comfortable tshirt, and fold it in half, so that the sleeves are together, and then place it along the folds, with the top of the shirt along the top of the folds.

Cut along the outline of the shirt, leaving extra room, since most tshirts are made from stretchy fabric, and past the bottom edge of the shirt, to the desired length. Use the neckline of the shirt as a guide for cutting out the neckline.

Unfold the cut fabric, and sew your outside seams, hem the bottom, neckline, and sleeves, and if desired, finish with trim, or bias tape.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:21 pm