Katrin's Krafts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A selection of craft information for artisans of the HFS.

2 posters

Cheese for A&S entries?

Poll

Would homemade cheeses be a good A&S entry?

[ 2 ]
    Cheese for A&S entries? Bar_left100%Cheese for A&S entries? Bar_right [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Cheese for A&S entries? Bar_left0%Cheese for A&S entries? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 2
    Poll closed
    Dame Katrin Karlsdottir
    Dame Katrin Karlsdottir

Cheese for A&S entries? Empty Cheese for A&S entries?

Post  Dame Katrin Karlsdottir Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:03 pm

I've been thinking about making some cheeses for A&S. I'm just not sure if they would be good as entries in the HFS style of A&S. scratch I need to make up my mind soon in order to have time for proper aging of cheddar.

I was thinking of a cheddar, a mozzarella, and a spiced cream cheese. The hard part is that they will require being kept cool until judging time, especially the cream cheese. I am also always hesitant to enter any foodstuffs unless I can be sure the judges will read the ingredients list just to be safe in case of allergies.
    ashblackstar
    ashblackstar

Cheese for A&S entries? Empty Re: Cheese for A&S entries?

Post  ashblackstar Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:16 pm

Given that I am having a cooking category for CRW next year, I would say yes, definitly. I've never had homemade cheese before, so that sort of thing would be awesome. I would say,make sure that you take the list of ingredients with you, and make that part of the submission. Any A&S judge worth their salt is going to read that first, before taking a bite.
    Dame Katrin Karlsdottir
    Dame Katrin Karlsdottir

Cheese for A&S entries? Empty Get Ready for Cheeses

Post  Dame Katrin Karlsdottir Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:35 pm

In that case it is something I must do. Homemade cheese aren't really much different from store bought cheeses if you remember to add the right amounts of rennet, salt and colorants. I'll get started on my dairy stuff ASAP so that it can age correctly.

Sponsored content

Cheese for A&S entries? Empty Re: Cheese for A&S entries?

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:29 pm